Saturday, March 17, 2012

Reflects on Lent: Words

What is the power of words?

This is the question I started the week with and continue to mull it over in my mind.

What if I gave the Lord all my words?
What if I gave him my twitter, my Facebook, my gchat status?
What would change if I filled my mind with His words and praise and not 
rap or the Hunger Games?
What changes could this have in my life, on my relationships, and on the world?

Needless to say, these are not questions or tasks that can be answered or done in a week, a month, or a year. These are the questions that drive our growth continually and lead us to the cross. They lead us to seek Christ more fully, seek life more truly,  white knuckle my control just a little bit less, take faith steps a little more often, and and press in just a little bit farther.

So I'm leaving you with others' inspiring words because normal, they say it a lot better than me!







No comments:

Post a Comment