Thursday, March 15, 2012

Reflections on Lent: Oh the Randomness that is my thoughts

Please tell me I'm not the only one who sometimes has trouble remember how in the world I started thinking about that ice cream shop...
 in the middle of Kansas... I visited when I was 10... on the way to Denver... for Thanksgiving...
 in the middle of my board meeting?!?

As I sit and think about what informs me, describes me, and is expressed by me, I stumble on instance of this ...of random rememberings,
          ...of times of conviction and great sorrow,
                                ...of joyous times,
                                              ...of times the Lord has walked me through,
                                                              ...of times I've run away,
                                                                                  ...of times I've run to,
of times I've been surrounded by the grace and love of the Father.

Often, I write things down to help myself remember:
- what I need to get done
- what I've done
- what I want to do
- people I need to call
- things I need to create
...etc. etc.
Lists to Remember

As I stumbles on the slideshow above, I thought to myself "What if I knew these types of things about the people in my life?"

What would sharing you daily lists/thoughts with those you are closest with do? 
What would it change in your life if anything? 
Would it change your relationship with them? 
Would it change how you saw and approached the world?

Just some random thoughts in my head in the middle of my board meeting...

No comments:

Post a Comment