Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Reflections on Lent: God-Sized Dreams

“The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.” Proverbs 16:9
 
How Tightly Should We Hold On to Our Dreams?
“God-sized dreams” might be small, and tucked in, and quiet. Sometimes it’s easier to think that “God-sized dreams” mean big dreams, our dreams, the things that are exciting and appealing and out “there.”
 
I’ve often wrestled with the phrase, “God-sized dreams” because I don’t understand what it means. God-sized? Dreams? What does that even mean?

And what of our dreams? What if they are just that, our dreams? Haven’t many people followed their dreams as an excuse to go their own way? To leave their families? To neglect the small, mundane, precious things that teach us patience, humility, and compassion?

I think about these things because I am on the verge, the edge of possibilities that could drastically change my life, my small, somewhat quiet life. I’m desperate not to lose the small. I want to hold on to my home and my little ones and my husband and stay within reach.

To read the rest of this blog, go to (in)courage....

No comments:

Post a Comment