Monday, March 19, 2012

Reflections on Lent: The Sacrifice of Calling

The Sacrifice of Calling
Are you working or are you pursing purpose? 
Is what you do daily making you more alive or is it killing you one joy at a time? 
What is it that your heart beats for?
What skills do you uniquely possess? 
What are you doing to make a difference in the world around you?

These are all questions that float through my mind - no lets be real - these are all questions that wreak havoc on my mind and have cost me my fingernails, sleep, and smiles.
Coming off a weekend of contemplation, another phone call with the sister to talk about life, yet again questioning how I spent my time and money, still struggling with the feelings of failure yet not even knowing what I'm failing at...?
And then I listened to this video this morning and feeling the release of resting once again. Of Exodus 14:14 where God commands us "I will delivery you, you need only be still."  Today, I heard about a release from that. I heard about a journey that started with God and being still and ended with the same. Yes, there's growth in the middle but as this speaker says

"Life is not going to make sense while you're living it
It really only kind of makes sense in retrospect..But in the moment you really don't know."


When will I learn to fully trust? When will I learn to leave my cares in the Lord's hand? Probably the same day He says
"Well done my good and faithful servant."


So here's to life
with all the crazy moments of fear, 
of exhilarating moments of release, 
and many many more regular days that fill the in between moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment