Friday, March 16, 2012

Reflections on Lent: Labeling Myself

What's a label you've found is true about yourself during the Lent Season aka what do you miss?

potato chip-a-holic

shop-a-lic

non-water-a-holic

Whatever you've found yourself missing this Lenten season, maybe you're like me and have recently realized an addiction like how I turn to a cup of coffee as a source of calm in the storm. No seriously, just holding that cup of steaming joe has an alluring quality of calm and control that makes me feel confident approaching any situation.

 

Maybe like me, you have found that this realization has lead you further. If you're willing to engage and sit in the discomfort of missing that "love of your life," you may step further into the cause for that.

For me, I have had to come to grips just how much I am feel driven to commit and be busy - not present. Without the cup of joe, I cannot stay up when I over-committed and have too many deadlines baring down. Something about holding that warm brew in my hand makes me feel like I can conquer the role. This month, I am reminded over and over again that it is only through Christ can I find success.

Then I read passages like Exodus 14:14

The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still

...and am slain! What a convicting word of hope!

Or I read Ephesians 3 which is powerful powerful message of hope, strength, and deliverance. It ends like this:

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us

FAITH is putting God BETWEEN you and your situation. May you be as blessed I am in my weakness that I know that no matter now much coffee I have, it will never fill me, warm me, or empower me like the presence of my Almighty Savior!




No comments:

Post a Comment