Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Breaking Heart

Today as I round out a day at the office I'm weary. Not because I'm getting worked to the bone, because the coffee machine was broke, or because I was out too late last night to get proper sleep. Rather, I was wearied by the stories and pictures and videos I've seen about hurt and hurting children in our country.

So often, I gloss over the hard issues with sarcasm or cold-heartedly spewing (literally word vomiting) the facts, but on the inside, all I have to do is stop for a second and I'm overwhelmed with the grief, pain, and sadness of the situation - here in DC, in America, abroad - EVERYWHERE. These are our children, the next generation, experience worse pain than I've experienced in my 25 years instead of getting to run on playgrounds, talk with their imaginary friends, and steal cookies with Grandma with Mom's not looking. 

There is only one solution, one salve for my soul on days like today and that is God. 

...the sheer fact that my Lord hurts worse. That the pain I feel is incomparable to the pain He feels each time one of His children hurts. 

....the unbelievable reality that He has overcome - the hurt, the pain, the crying, the mourning of parents, grandparents, friends, neighbors, and complete strangers. He's healing those who abuse and those who are abused. 

....the incredible task He's given me to walk in - to not forget the pain but remember the plan - HIS plan - to work our His salvation through me. To stop being overwhelmed by the problem and start living in awe of the Solution.

Simply - I have to remember...
HE WINS

So here is the song, I'm walking out to and living in because its the only answer on a day like today - "Hosanna" by Hillsong

--------------------

I see the King of glory
Coming on the clouds with fire
The whole earth shakes, the whole earth shakes
I see His love and mercy
Washing over all our sin
The people sing, the people sing

Hosanna, hosanna
Hosanna in the highest
Hosanna, hosanna
Hosanna in the highest 

 
I see a generation
Rising up to take the place
With selfless faith, with selfless faith
I see a near revival
Stirring as we pray and seek
We're on our knees, we're on our knees

Hosanna, hosanna
Hosanna in the highest 
Hosanna, hosanna
Hosanna in the highest


 Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like You have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks Yours
Everything I am for Your Kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity




Hosanna, hosanna
Hosanna in the highest 
Hosanna, hosanna
Hosanna in the highest 
------------------------------------

This Sunday is International Children's Day which presents us with the chance to reflect on our childhood, to remember the children next door and around the world, and to celebrate them no matter if their hurting or happy, laughing or screaming, bratty or precious or just down right ornery. Feel the pain. Remember the happiness. And recommit yourself to being His hand to a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment