Monday, November 7, 2011

Sisters at Heart

A little under 5 months ago...
             ...when I took that GIANT FAITH STEP... 
                                    ...and flew to DC with 2 suitcases....

...all I knew was that I had a 3 month internship paying $8/hr, a futon in my friends laundry room for a 1-2 (thankfully they graciously let me stay 3!!), a church I knew was changing DC and the world for Christ, and a couple spattering of acquaintances and friends.
Needless, to say, it's amazing and oh-so-humbling to look back over the work God has done in and through my life in less than a half of a year here. I am now fully employed, working on a subject that makes my heart beat, living on Capital Hill with a fabulous roommate (love you Half-Size Haley!!), engaged in leadership in a church community that beats as God's own heart, and continually have met amazing men and women who never cease to challenge, inspire, encourage, support and love on me. I have found a home, a community, a friend-family, and a life passion that excites and humbles me.
 
However, this did take time filled with the Refiner's fire breaking my will and plans and molding me into His - aka lots of tears, prayers, and questions. When I think back to the first couple days and weeks, my "angels" come to mind - Kyle Becker, Brittany Lawton, Kristen Elrich, Fred and Deb Van Ee, Jess and George Economos, and Steph and Josh Van Drunen and OF COURSE the two men in my life - Cole and Evan Van Drunen who's coos, gibberish, pictures, and photos brighten even the roughest days. Thanks to you for the prayers, encouragement, and support you all continually bless me with.


 
One of my "angels" has just started a blog of her own!! Ms Brittany Lawton is a recent friend and a forever sister in Christ. On her blog, she shares her heart for missions, ministry events, and pathways God is working in. Through all of this, her heart and love for Christ and His world seeps out of every word. Check out her blog "Brittany and Missions" at http://3colossians2.tumblr.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment