Thursday, August 4, 2011

Message in a Bottle

 The more I live, the more I see events and things as messages in bottles... 
 
      I used to think some things just happen and don’t have significance...

    ...forgetting my keys wasn’t a gentle nudge to slow down
         ...a phone call from a friend when I was busy wasn’t meant to be ignored but embraced
               ...that ministry happened with you talked about faith, not when you lived it in a radical way. 

      However, in my short 24 years of living, I know see each event as a message from God...
    
      My car getting towed from a ex-boyfriend’s I stopped in at was God saying get away. 

      My keys being by my shoes was a reminder that God’s got my back. 

     Not having peace in my situation means that there’s a peace bigger than the situation I should be seeking. 


It’s really a hopeful, peaceful thing because though we may not know the meaning or be able to open the bottle OR read what it says, or understand it just yet, we will someday! 

Today I wish you a day full of messages in bottles from your God!




No comments:

Post a Comment