Thursday, May 10, 2012

What the world needs now...


Love is patient and kind; live does not envy or boast, it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its way; it is not irritable or resentful;
it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
LOVE BEARS ALL THINGS, BELIEVES ALL THINGS, HOPES ALL THINGS, ENDURES ALL THINGS. Love never ends...
faith hope and love abide, these three; but the greatest of them is love.
                                                               
The Love Passage.

So typical, so chase, so overused. And yet...

I can't tell you how much it hit me!

Faith. Hope. Love.


I'm working on the faith (and trust) thing and loving the hope thing but...

                  ...how often am I cognisant or intentional or watchful or working hard at being loving?!

If I'm honest - I've never really understood why love remains - isn't faith the lundation to even love? And hope - isn't it more of a by product than a direct action? And yet

"Faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of them is love"

Love -
In a period of singleness without a nibble! When the most male attention I've gotten is the sweet old homeless men by my metro shop singing "she's a lady" when I walk by on my way to work.

Love -
In a world that equates love with sex and loves everything from their tots to their tats.

Love -
When I miss a dear old friend who I can't speak to anymore. When I am so far from my family. When I am new at work and still unsure of how to act and the social dynamics - terrified to make a mistake or say the wrong thing.

Love -
When I find myself irritated with church, friends, and family foer not aligning to my schedule and catering to my needs.

Love -
When I've now just spiralled into a cyclone of guilt and shame and self-loathing. Fearing each thought that comes to mind and word that passes my lips for fear of disgracing his good name.



Love
Is patient. Is kind.

Love
Is a choice.
An intentional outlook,
A heavenly mind-set.
Love





No comments:

Post a Comment